The above photo was taken last year for documentary film Fangirl Project and its accompanying photo book. It was one of the funnest photo shoots I’ve ever done, as I got to dress up in costumes I’ve used on Galacticast. Aside from my Starfleet uniform, I also posed in my Queen Kong costume and my Giant Nazi Woman of the SS costume.
Photographer: Love Ablan
Copyright: All Rights Reserved
After taking so many low quality Daily Self Portraits with my MacBook Pro, I’ve decided to start using my Canon PowerShot SD750 (Digital Elph) more. However, I don’t want to replace my iSight entirely because then you wouldn’t get to see my outtake videos anymore. So, I’ve decided to start a new Flickr set of the photos I take in the mirror… aptly named: Through the Looking Glass.
Since I don’t have any Xmas parties to attend this year, I thought I’d make my own and invite my favorite people… the people of the internets. Oh, and there WILL be karaoke ;)
I clapped out loud at the 2:02 mark… you’ll see why. Priceless.
(Via Wil Wheaton)
The idea is 666-fold: go to the 6th page of your Flickr photostream; find the 6th photo on the screen; post the photo on your blog and tag 6 of your friends to do the same.
The above photo was taken on Halloween as I was getting dressed into my Mexican Killer Bee costume. At this point, I was but a bee…
About a year ago, when we were making A Comicbook Orange, I got a neat little surprise… a friend request from Tony Moore on Facebook! It wasn’t the first time I had connected with him… I had actually spoken with him a couple of times earlier when I emailed him to say that we had reviewed Fear Agent and The Exterminators on our show.
But when I got a friend request from him I got rather giddy. I ran in the back office to tell Rudy and then started singing what is now the first part of what we dubbed The Tony Moore Song. With my tendency to turn everything into a cheesy small town commercial jingle, I came up with a tune… and later Rudy helped me find the perfect word to rhyme with “Exterminators”.
And so the Tony Moore ad was born.
I started composing the song in GarageBand that week, but didn’t finish the vocals since I wanted to get Rudy’s voice saying something like “Not affiliated with Tony Moore auto parts!” Then it happened… My laptop was stolen from my luggage and the song and screenplay with it.
As you can imagine, this set the Tony Moore project way back. But, after months of interruptions, my schedule was finally ready. I re-recorded the entire song from scratch and invited Yuri Lowenthal and Tara Platt over to help us make it. Rudy then proceeded to write a whole new, filthier script. And finally today… what (to me and Rudy) was a long-awaited project is finally up on the interwebs. Now the whole world can sing along ;)
Thanks to Tony Moore for being cool enough to let us post this borderline-slander online. We do love him and his work… so if you haven’t already seen his work, go pick it up right now!!! (Especially XXXombies, my personal favorite.)
Since this is my 100th blog post (on this blog), I thought it would be interesting to take the idea from LuLu and make my own list of 100 things about me.
- When they aren’t photoshopped or red from camera flashes, my eyes are green.
- I have two nearly-symmetrical beauty marks on the front of each shoulder.
- I have dyed my hair blonde, red, black, blue, green, white, and purple.
- I moved to Scotland when I was nineteen and never wanted to return.
- I have had fifteen piercings, twelve of which were above my neck.
- I’ve won two gold medals at the Kuk Sool Won UK Championships.
- I wanted to marry Kyle MacLachlan when I was seventeen.
- I often sing guitar solos in the style of a cat.
- IKEA magazines are like porn to me.
- My middle name is Erin.
- I got an interview for a job at the Canadian Security Intelligence Service (CSIS).
- I applied to an MA in International Security at the Bush School.
- I am distantly related to two US presidents, both named George Bush.
- I used to work as the Executive Secretary to Japanese diplomats.
- I nearly failed my last year of high school due to bullying.
- I have a BA in East Asian Studies from McGill University.
- I once impressed a former CIA agent by spying on him.
- I have applied to work at NATO and the UN.
- I speak French and Korean.
- I applied to law school.
- I want to redecorate my apartment with expensive new furniture every year.
- I want to win the lottery, but have never purchased a lottery ticket.
- I want a personal designer to make custom fitting clothes for me.
- I want to see movies without getting my chair kicked.
- I want to look as good as my parents do at their age.
- I want to play more Rock Band onstage.
- I want more interracial friendships.
- I want to be a guest star on Ellen.
- I want to live happily ever after.
- I want grandchildren.
- I believe I can control every cell in my body if I concentrate hard enough.
- I believe Rudy and I will make caring and understanding parents.
- I believe Bush should have been impeached a long time ago.
- I believe we are not the only intelligent life in the universe.
- I believe the future should be like Star Trek.
- I believe that Tom Cruise is a good person.
- I believe my life is not predetermined.
- I believe kindness can go viral.
- I believe in Barack Obama.
- I believe in no god.
- My first date took place at a movie theatre, we saw The Last Seduction.
- My first album was Men Without Hats, given to me by my brother.
- My first television appearance was for synchronized swimming.
- My first boyfriend’s name was Rene, I was sixteen.
- My first movie role was in Six Reasons Why.
- My first slow dance was with my daddy.
- My first car was a 1987 Nissan Stanza.
- My first job was as a mother’s helper.
- My first bike was a pink BMX.
- My first pet was a rat.
- I want an exact replica of the dress Audrey Hepburn wore in Sabrina.
- I want girl friends that I’ll still talk to when I’m 80 years old.
- I want to sing along to Astrud Gilberto songs in Portuguese.
- I want my hair to look perfect every day.
- I want to give Alec Baldwin a hug.
- I want to walk through a desert.
- I want a kitteh named Esteban.
- I want to star in a cult classic.
- I want to live in Japan.
- I want more dessert.
- I’m afraid of getting my hand caught in the garbage disposal.
- I’m afraid of electric razors around my long hair.
- I’m afraid that I might get abducted by aliens.
- I’m afraid that I might someday see a ghost.
- I’m afraid that people will judge me wrongly.
- I’m afraid of getting into a serious car crash.
- I’m afraid of all insects with an exoskeleton.
- I’m afraid of achieving nothing in life.
- I’m afraid I will die too early.
- I’m afraid of earthquakes.
- I wonder if Madonna will ever stop dressing like a whore.
- I wonder if they’ll ever make pills taste like cupcakes.
- I wonder when and how we will make first contact.
- I wonder if humans will survive the next ice age.
- I wonder if will be able to stop global warming.
- I wonder why my dreams are so entertaining.
- I wonder when religion will finally die out.
- I wonder if we’ll ever stop calculating Pi.
- I wonder if the wars will ever end.
- I wonder what will replace money.
- My favorite person is Rudy Jahchan. <3<3<3!!!
- My favorite fashionista is Sarah Michelle Gellar.
- My favorite drink is Caffeine-Free Coca-Cola.
- My favorite dessert is Grasshopper Pie.
- My favorite board game is Monopoly.
- My favorite color is interchangeable.
- My favorite actor is Jeffrey Combs.
- My favorite scent is brownies.
- My favorite food is Lebanese.
- My favorite book is Dune.
- I can do the splits with my right leg forward.
- I can eat chips and salsa at ludicrous speed.
- I can write with both hands and both feet.
- I can sleep forever if I don’t set my alarm.
- I can be a really good friend if you let me.
- I can hold a note for over 45 seconds.
- I can whistle extremely well.
- I can sneak like a ninja.
- I can kick your ass.
- I can fence.